Make sure to check out the recipe below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 3 strips of bacon diced
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet with high sides add in the bacon. Cook until desired crispiness is achieved. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and put on a clean plate.
- Leaving the bacon grease in the pan add in the diced onions and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add in the bell pepper and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and season with red pepper flakes, basil, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cook 3-5 minutes heating the sauce up.
- Make small wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs. Cover and let the eggs cook to your preference.
- Top with cooked bacon, plate, and ENJOY!
I enjoy eating this with some French bread toasted over my bruschetta pan!