Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 90 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 1/2-3 cups flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Marmalade of your choice
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a standing mixer or clean work surface combine the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, milk, and eggs. Mix to slightly combine and then add in the melted butter. Mix until everything comes together and the dough is no longer sticky. If you need to add more flour to bring the mixture together please do so.
- Place in a bowl, cover with a clean towel, and set aside in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a few baking sheets with some parchment paper.
- On a clean work surface flour the surface and place the dough on the surface. The dough will deflate once you start to work with it and that’s totally ok.
- Cut the dough into four pieces and working with one quarter at a time roll the dough out into a circle. Cut the circle like a pizza into 8 slices.
- Place a piece of marmalade on the bigger part of your slice. Roll the slice like a crescent roll (watch the video for a better visual) and place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked through. Let cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.