Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 box vanilla/ yellow cake
- Add in 1 additional egg (optional)
- Use 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, instead if oil (optional)
- Substitute milk instead of water (optional)
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of half an orange
- 1lb. strawberries, washed and dried, cut into quarters
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all the above ingredients and mix well together.
- Pour into pan and bake 25- 30 or until cake is fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Once cooled cut into small pieces so that they fit into your desired cups or bowls.
Whipped Cream Process:
- In a mixing bowl add in the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and orange zest. Using an hand held electric mixer whip the mixture to stiff peaks, about 3-5 minutes. If not using right away refrigerate.
- In desired cups add in a layer of cake.
- Top with strawberries.
- And finish off with a layer of whipped cream.
- Continue this until you reach the top, trying to make sure the top layer is your whipped topping.
- If you have additional strawberries left garnish trifle with fresh strawberry and ENJOY!