Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. cream of tartar
- Semi-sweet chocolate bar
- Chocolate eggs of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. Taking a round glass or cookie cutter trace circles about 1 inch apart, on the back of your parchment paper. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet circle side down.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl start to whip the egg whites with a hand held electric mixer. Once the mixture gets frothy add in the cream of tartar.
- Whip for a minute or two and start to gradually add in the sugar. Whip to stiff peaks!
- Using a piping bag or two spoons start to scoop out the egg mixture forming a little nest in the middle (watch video for better visual).
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes rotating the baking sheet mid way through.
- Shut the oven off after 1 hour 20 minutes and leave the meringues in the oven until they cool, 2-3 hours.
- Grate chocolate over the middle of the meringues. Top with a few chocolate eggs and these are ready for Easter baskets! Enjoy!