Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 22-26 minutes
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut flakes
- 8 ounces sweetened coconut flakes
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your over to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- Using a hand held electric mixer whip the egg whites and salt until you get semi- stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine both types of coconut flakes, condensed milk, and vanilla.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Using a smaller ice cream scoop or a metal spoon scoop out the mixture about the size of a ping pong ball onto your baking sheet. Make sure the the scoops are about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 22-26 minutes and let cool completely before enjoying.
- If desired melt some chocolate in the microwave at 20 second increments and drizzle over macaroons.