Make sure to check out the vide below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pie crust
- Fruit of your choice (cleaned, dried, and sliced)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbs. sugar (additional 1/4 cup for glaze)
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste/ extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbs. corn starch
- Bake pie crust in a tart pan according to package instructions, set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in the milk, egg yolks, 1 tbs. sugar, flour, and vanilla. Mix well and place over burner with medium heat, stirring consistently until mixture nicely thickens.
- Place the mixture in heat safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap making sure the wrap is touching the top of the custard mixture. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
- To assemble the tart pour the custard into the tart pan over the cooked pie crust. Arrange desired fruit over the custard. If enjoying the tart right away you can skip the next step if enjoying a day or two later do the following.
- In a small sauce pan add in the water, 1/4 cup sugar, and corn starch. Cook on low heat staring constantly until mixture thickens. Let cool slightly and brush the mixture over the fresh fruit. Refrigerate and ENJOY!