Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Zest of 3/4 of lemon
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Zest of 1/4 of lemon
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour and cinnamon. Add in melted butter and lemon zest. Mix until the flour is incorporated and the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with some liners.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Take 1-2 tbs of the flour mixture and coat the blueberries. This will keep your blueberries from sinking to the bottom during baking.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy and combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, milk, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Add in the dry ingredients (I like to do this by hand using a spatula).
- Fold in flour coated blueberries.
- Scoop the blueberry mixture into the muffin liners about 90 percent of the way up. Top with desired amount of streusel topping and bake 25-35 minutes or until the muffins are fully cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and Enjoy!