Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hrs. 10 min- 2 hrs. 20 min.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- Additional strawberries for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Taking a round pan trace a circle as an outline for where you will place your pavlova.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the egg whites. Using an electric mixer start to whisk the egg whites until they become frothy. Gradually start to add in the sugar.
- Once the sugar is all gone add in the cream of tartar and corn starch and mix until the egg whites reach stiff peaks.
- Place the egg whites on the outline on the baking sheet and bake 2 hours 10 minutes – 2 hours 20 minutes, or until the outside is hard to the touch but inside still feels wobbly. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl add in the heavy whipping cream and mix until the mixture starts to thicken. Add in the confectioner sugar and mix until you reach stiff peaks.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries into the whipped cream and place the cream over the top of your pavlova. Top with additional strawberries and ENJOY!