Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbs. sesame seed oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/tbs. hoison sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 3 garlic cloves grated or diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a skillet over medium/ high heat add in the sesame oil. Once the oil heats up add in the ground beef. Cook breaking up the meat with the wooden spoon until it is cooked through.
- Add in the ginger and garlic. Mix well and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in the soy sauce, hoison sauce, and brown sugar. Mix well and add in the red pepper flakes.
- Let the mixture cook down until the soy sauce infuses into the ground beef, about 4-5 minutes and their is no more liquid in the pan.
- Place ground beef over white rice, garish with scallions, and ENJOY!