Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
- 2 packages oven ready lasagna
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 2 large onions cut into half moons
- 18 oz package mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (use more if you’d like)
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbs. herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Non-stick cooking oil
- Marinade the chicken with a pinch of salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. smoked paprika. Let marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes. In the meantime chop up all your veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prep a casserole dish with some non-stick cooking oil.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the olive oil. Keeping the heat on medium/ high add in the cubed chicken. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked through. Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked chicken and place aside on a clean plate.
- Keeping the drippings from the chicken add in the onion and garlic. If you feel like you need additional olive oil feel free to add some in. Cook until onions are cooked down and translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms cook down, about 5-6 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
- Add in the tomato sauce along with the cooked chicken, herbes de provence, marjoram, and additional pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- In a casserole dish we will now start to assemble our lasagna. In your greased dish start with a layer or noodles. Top with chicken/ veggie mixture, and then some some mozzarella cheese. Continue to do this until you have run out of ingredients.
- Try to reserve 1/2 cup or so of liquid from the sauce so that you could top the last layer of your lasagna noodles. This will keep them from drying out while baking.
- Top the lasagna with remaining mozzarella and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the foil and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Let lasagna rest for 10 minutes and then ENJOY!