Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 package of lady fingers
- 2 cups chopped strawberries (plus additional for top)
- 8 oz mascaprone cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup and additional 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 spring form pan
- To the chopped strawberries add in 2 tbs. of sugar and juice of 1/2 lemon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the heavy whipping cream. Using a hand held mixer start to whip the mixture. Once soft peaks start to develop gradually start to add in the confectioners sugar. Whip till you develop stiff peaks.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl add in the mascaprone cheese. Using the same hand held electric mixer whip until the cheese is smooth and fluffy. Add in the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well to make the mixture smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Using a spatula start to gradually add in the whipped cream, making sure to fold it carefully into the cheese mixture, as to not deflate the whipped topping. Continue to do this until everything is nicely combine.
- Add in the resting chopped strawberries and again carefully fold them.
- To assemble the shortcake start with a layer of ladyfingers and then a layer of creamy strawberry goodness. Continue to do this until you reach the top or until you run out of product. I can usually only do 2 layers of each.
- To finish the cake off top with the additional chopped strawberries.
- Place in the fridge overnight so that the lady fingers have time to soften and then ENJOY!
One Comment Add yours
Cake is my favourit since i was a kid. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe. I hope you will soon give a try to Murki Chena https://amazingshining.com/murki-chena-recipe-traditional-bengali-yummy-dessert/
LikeLiked by 1 person