Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes per batch
- 1 loaf Chala bread cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Unsalted butter
- If you are not serving right away preheat your oven to 250 degrees and keep cooked French toast in preheated oven till ready to serve.
- In a large baking dish add in the milk, eggs, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk till fully combined.
- Place as many pieces of bread that will fit in the dish at a time. Soak the slices of bread for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- In a skillet over medium heat add in 1 tbs of unsalted butter. Add in 2-3 pieces of toast at a time, cooking 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Enjoy right away with some maple syrup or place in the oven to keep warm until you are ready to ENJOY!