Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50-60 minutes
- 1 loaf chala bread
- 1 cup assorted berries
- 5 whole eggs, 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with some unsalted butter.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs and egg yolk, heavy cream, lemon zest, honey, vanilla, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Line the baking dish with a layer of chala bread and then pour the berries over the bread. Cover with a top layer of bread.
- Pour the mixture over the bread pressing it down softly. Let the mixture soak into the bread for about 10 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let sit for a few minutes to set and then ENJOY!