Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- 1 large sheet puff pastry or 2 smaller sheets
- 1 block cream cheese softened at room temp.
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg with 1 tbs. water for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand held electric mixer combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well to combine to a smooth mixture.
- Add in the lemon zest and half the sugar. Mix well and add in the additional sugar making sure to scrape the edges of your bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface lightly roll out your puff pastry. Cut squares about 4 x 4 inch out of the puff pastry (mine was large so I literally cut it in half and then into fours).
- Place a spoonful of cheese mixture into the center of each square. Taking the opposite sides of each square bring them together in the middle (watch video for better visual).
- Taking your egg wash and a pastry brush brush the pastry that is not covered by the cheese. Place on your baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
- Let cool and ENJOY!