Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry cut in half
- 1 egg w/ 1 tbs. water (mixed to make an egg wash)
- 1 large onion cut into half moons
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups washed and dried spinach
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- Olive oil
- 1 tbs. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a skillet with high sides add in a couple table spoons of olive oil and the sliced onions. Keeping the heat on medium cook the onions until they start to become translucent and fragrant, 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the mushroom, a dash of salt and pepper, the Italian seasoning, and cook until the moisture that comes from the mushrooms cooks down.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Season with
- Finish off with the spinach and cook the mixture until the spinach wilts down.
- Taking one half of the puff pastry place it on your baking sheet.
- Scoop the veggie mixture onto the puff pastry leaving about 1/2 inch border around the edges.
- Taking your egg wash brush the edges of the puff pastry, and place the other half of the puff pastry over the top and pinch the sides together.
- Make a few holes in the top and brush the top with additional egg wash.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the puff pastry has fully cooked through. Let sit for a few minutes and then ENJOY!