Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 chicken breast cut in half
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves chopped or torn
- 1 tbs. fresh parsley
- 5-6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 5 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bread rolls of your choice
- Preheat your broiler to high and prep a baking sheet with some non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet with high sides add in 2 1/2 tbs. of olive oil. Keeping the heat on medium add in the onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add in the pepper and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the peppers soften a bit.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in the marinara sauce. Add in the basil and parsley, and season with a pinch of salt and desired amount of pepper.
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes blowing the flavors to nicely blend together.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts.
- In another skillet add in the remaining 2 1/2 tbs. olive oil. Keeping the heat on medium and add in the the chicken breasts into your hot skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on the greased baking sheet.
- Top them with a couple tbs. of the marinara mixture, a couple slices of mozzarella, and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese gets melted and bubbly.
- Place cheesy chicken goodness on bread of your choice and ENJOY!