Make sure to watch the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 90-105 minutes
- 5.5-6 lb. whole chicken
- 6 tbs. unsalted butter cut into slices
- 1 whole garlic bulb (top cut off)
- 2 lemons (one for juicing/ one for stuffing)
- 3 springs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized baking dish place the chicken breast side down. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Flip the chicken and do the same thing to the other side, keeping the chicken breast side up.
- Take the garlic bulb, rosemary, thyme, and 1 lemon cut into wedges, and place it inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Taking slices of the butter work your way between the skin and the chicken and place the butter between the two. Reserve 3-4 pieces and place over the top.
- Taking the remaining lemon, juice it over the chicken. Bake 1 hour 30 to 1 hour 45 minutes or until fully cooked through. Let rest for 15-20 minutes and ENJOY!