Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 small eggplant sliced thinly (1/4 inch)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 2 egg whites whisked slightly
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Turn the broiler on to high and let that heat up.
- Place the flour, eggs, and panko each in it’s own dish. Season each dish with a dash or salt, pepper, and dried basil. Mix well to combine.
- In a skillet add in about 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. Turn the heat onto medium and let that get nice and hot.
- Taking one piece of eggplant at a time dip both sides in flour making sure to shake off the excess, then the egg whites, and finally the panko coating.
- Place slice directly into hot skillet. Cook 3-4 at a time (be careful not to overcrowd your pan) for about 1-2 minutes of each side.
- Place cooked slices directly onto a baking dish and season with another pinch of salt.
- Once all slices have been cooked and are placed on your baking pan top each slice with about a tsp. of marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.