Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-18 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Non-stick cooking oil
For cinnamon sugar coating:
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking oil.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the milk, cooled butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Add the wet into the dry and mix until everything is combined. Don’t over mix or you will get a really tough donut.
- Scoop the batter into the donut pan and bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then flip the pan over to remove the donuts.
- For the topping either dip the donut in the melted butter or brush the butter over the donut using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar blend and ENJOY!