Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
- 3 apples chopped (I like Granny Smith or McIntosh)
- 18-20 small croissants or 8-10 large (torn into small pieces)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- In a skillet with high sides add in the butter and let it melt. Keeping the heat on medium/ high add in the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook 5-10 minutes until the apples cook down and soften. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine the whole milk, eggs, vanilla, honey, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a buttered or greased baking dish place a layer of croissants. Top with cooled apple mixture.
- Place remaining croissants over the top.
- Pour milk mixture over the croissants pressing down a bit to try to work the mixture into every crevice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the liquid to penetrate the croissants.
- In the meantime preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until liquid has turned into a creamy custard. Top with some of my homemade caramel sauce (optional) and ENJOY!