Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in the sugar and water.
- Keeping the heat on low cook the mixture until the sugar completely dissolved, about 5-10 minutes making sure NOT to stir.
- Increase the heat to medium and let the moisture boil until it turns a light brown color about 6-8 minutes. Again do NOT stir. Make sure to closely watch the mixture as it turns from brown to burnt in seconds.
- Once the mixture turns brown turn the heat down to low and stir in the heavy cream. Please be careful as the sugar is hot and it may splash. It is EXTREMELY hot so do this with oven mitts and from a slight distance.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and turn the heat up to medium. Stir for 1-2 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken and then remove off the heat.
- Let sit 4-5 hours to cool completely. The mixture will thicken as it cools.
DO NOT TRY UNTIL COOLED COMPLETELY!!!