Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45-55 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 cups pure pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1tsp. pumpkin pie crust
- 2 apples peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 unsalted butter cubed and cold
- 1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbs. flour
- In a medium sized mixing bowl beat together the 1/2 cup unsalted butter and sugar.
- Add in the vanilla and 1 egg at a time, making sure to mix well after each egg.
- In another mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture along with the sour cream to the wet ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine all the filling ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and flour.
- Add in cold cubes butter.
- Using the back of a fork cut the butter into the dry mixture until it resembles dry sand. Set aside but work quickly because you don’t want the butter to get too warm.
- Preheat the over to 325 degrees and grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with some unsalted butter.
- Into your greased pan add in half of the cake dough. Smooth it out into an even layer.
- Top with pumpkin mixture and scatter the chopped apples over the pumpkin.
- Top with remaining half of dough. Just a warning the dough is a bit tough so you may need to work it with your fingers! That is totally normal so do not panic.
- Lastly top with the mixed topping materials. Bake or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let cool and ENJOY!