Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 cup rice of your choice (I like a wild rice blend)
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- In a large soup pot add in the unsalted butter. Keeping the heat on medium let the butter melt.
- Add in the onions and cook until translucent about 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in garlic and cook about 60 seconds until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Let the mixture come to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer. Partially cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, making sure to stir every few minutes.
- Enjoy with some roasted bread!