Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 vanilla box cake mix (including ingredients for mix)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pumkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cream cheese block (room temperature)
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbs. milk (amount may vary)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners (makes about 24 cupcakes).
- Prepare box cake mix according to box instructions. Pour about 2 tbs. of the batter into cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well and scoop 2 tbs. into the liners over the batter. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a cupcake inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, 1/2 cream cheese, unsalted butter, and cocoa powder. Mix using a hand held electric mixture. If the mixture is too thick thin it out with a coupe tbs. of milk. Mix well.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the cupcakes and ENJOY!