Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley diced
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of your choice
- In a skillet with high sides add in the olive oil and let it heat up on medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until onions have cooked down and garlic has become fragrant. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Add in the carrots and celery and let those cook for an additional 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat to medium high and add in the ground beef. Make sure to use a lean ground beef so that you do not render any fat. Cook breaking up with your wooden spoon until beef is fully cooked through, about 5 minutes of so.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, basil, parsley, and finish off with salt and pepper. Mix well and cover. Turn the heat down to low and let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes or until it comes together and thickens nicely.
- In the meantime cook your pasta.
- Once the sauce has come together add in the cooked pasta (along with 1/4 cup or so of cooked pasta water) and the Parmesan cheese. Mix well and ENJOY!