Prep time: 20 minutes
Rest time: 1-3 hours
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 -1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or bitter chocolate
- Line a small cake pan with some parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the coconut and salt.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Start out with 3/4 cup and then add more if you need to. You want to make sure all the coconut is nicely coated.
- Place the mixture into your cake pan making it as tight as possible to make sure the coconut sticks together nicely (watch video for visual). Place in the freezer 1-2 hours to set.
- After the mixture is set remove from pan and cut into rectangles or squares (in my opinion it’s easier to dunk them when they are square).
- Place the chocolate you want to use in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until fully melted at 15-20 second increments, stirring after each 15-20 seconds.
- Dunk each coconut bar in the chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set. Plate and ENJOY!
Note: If you would like the chocolate to be shiny and easier to manage you can add in a tbs. of coconut oil while melting it. This is optional but I find that it makes the chocolate easier to work with.