Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 box (12 ounces) of smaller shaped pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast diced into cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves chopped (plus additional for garnish, optional)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used 1 cup water and 1/2 bullion cube)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (additional needed for top, optional)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (whole milk is best)
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. herbes de Provence (1/2 for chicken and 1/2 for sauce)
- 1 tbs. dried oregano (1/2 for chicken and 1/2 for sauce)
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Cook pasta until al dente, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet with high sides, over medium heat add in the olive oil. Once oil is hot add in the diced chicken. Season with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and herbes de Provance. Cook 6-8 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and then remove the cooked chicken onto a clean plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet add in the onions. Cook 4-5 minutes or until onions are cooked through.
- Add in the garlic and cook about 60 seconds, just enough for the garlic to cook slightly and get nice and fragrant.
- Add in the chicken broth and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the broth reduces slightly.
- Add in the marinara sauce. Season with red pepper flakes, herbes de Provance, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat off and add in the ricotta cheese. Stir until melted. Add in the cooked chicken, and mix well.
- Add in cooked pasta. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan and mix well to combine.
- Top with fresh basil and additional Parmesan when serving (optional), and ENJOY!