Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-50 minutes
- Lasagna noodles
- Pasta sauce or marinara sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (extra for topping)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese(extra for topping)
- 8 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbs. dried basil
- 1/2 tbs. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add your bacon into a medium sized skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan, onion, garlic, egg, dried basil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- In a casserole dish add a layer of pasta sauce to the bottom and the sides of the dish.
- Top with a layer of noodles, ricotta mixture, and bacon. Continue this process until ricotta and bacon runs out (I reserve a little bacon to top the lasagna once it comes out of the oven but that’s optional).
- Once you top the lasagna with the last set of lasagna noodles cover the noodles with some sauce. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake covered 30-35 minutes and uncovered for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked through.