Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1 24 oz jar of desired pasta sauce/ crushed potatoes
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- In a skillet with high sides add in the olive oil and onions. Keeping the heat on medium cook the onions until fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional 60 seconds or so.
- Add in kale and cook until kale cooks down and wilts.
- Add in pasta sauce. Season with basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Turn the heat down to low and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this time cook your gnocchi and preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Add in cooked gnocchi into tomato mixture. Mix well.
- Taking a medium casserole dish add in gnocchi and sauce mixture. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 10 minutes.