Today I am sharing with you a great substitution for any meat taco filling. It’s super simple and versatile. Take this as your base and add whatever you’d like to make the taco your own. I topped mine with some cheese, lettuce, and my favorite; homemade salsa. I hope this helps give you some ideas of how the most simple things can make the most delicious and creative dinners. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet add in the olive oil. Keeping the heat on medium add in the chopped onion and cook until onion is fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for about 60 seconds.
- Add in beans, onion powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Mix well and cook 2-3 minutes, just enough time for the beans to warm through and get flavored with all the seasoning. If your mixture seems really dry and in a few tbs. of water.
- Heat up tortillas over an open flame or in a hot skillet (watch video for visual) and add your bean mixture to your tacos. Top with desired toppings and ENJOY!