Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 chicken breast cut into thin slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus additional 1 tbs.
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbs. flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a dish or bowl combine the flour, bread crumbs, 1 tbs. parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Taking one piece of chicken at a time dip the chicken in the egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the chicken with some additional cooking spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and coat with a layer of marinara sauce, some parmesan cheese, and finish off with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 2-3 more minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Enjoy with a side of pasta, a salad, or just on it’s own!