Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
Rest time: 6 hours
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- To make the simple syrup add in the sugar and water into a small sauce pan. Over medium heat cook the mixture stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves being careful not to bring to a boil.
- Pour into jar or measuring cup and let cool completely.
- Into a food processor add in the chopped watermelon, ginger, and lemon juice. Before adding in the simple syrup taste your watermelon for sweetness. Add in as little or as much of the simple syrup as needed to sweeten your granita. Mix in your food processor until you have one smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into freezer safe container and either cover it with a lid or some plastic wrap. Freeze for one hour.
- After one hour take the mixture out using a fork mash the mixture around breaking up the frozen pieces as best as possible (watch video for visual).
- Place back in the freezer and continue to do this 5 more times. This will ensure your mixture freezes like a slushy not one solid brick.
- After 6 hours scoop out and ENJOY!