- 6 pieces of string cheese, cut in half
- Vegetable oil (amount will vary according to frying pot)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take mozzarella cheese sticks and place them on a baking sheet or plate. Place in the freezer for a few hours until cheese is fully frozen.
2. Once cheese is frozen remove from the freezer.
3. Place flour in one bowl, eggs in another, and bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
4. Season flour, eggs, and bread crumbs with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix each dish well.
5. Taking one piece of cheese at a time dip into the flour, then egg mixture, and bread crumbs. Then return the coated cheese back into the egg and then back into the bread crumbs. Continue to do this to the remaining pieces of cheese.
6. Place the vegetable oil in a pan or pot with higher sides. Add in enough oil to coat the bottom at least 1 – 1 1/2 inches. Heat up the oil keeping it over low heat.
7. Cook 4-5 pieces at a time as not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
8. Place cooked cheese sticks on a paper towel lined dish to absorb excess oil, and then ENJOY!