Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 3 cups, day old cooked rice
- 1 cup peas thawed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion sliced into half moons
- 1 tbs. chili sauce or 1 chili pepper
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tbs. fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup basil
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mortal and pestle crush the garlic cloves and chili pepper. If you don’t have a chili pepper substitute for 1 tbs. of chili sauce. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet or wok add in enough oil to coat the pan. Once the oil heats up add in the sliced onion along with the garlic and chili mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes or just until the onion cook down slightly but not cooked all the way through. Add in the peas, cook for about 45-60 seconds.
- Add in the rice and pour the sauce mixture over the rice. Stir together coating the rice in the sauce.
- Add in the basil and cook until the basil wilts down.
- Top with some lime juice and ENJOY!