Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Rest time: 12-14 hours
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- Place milk into small sauce pan and bring to a soft boil.
- Add the vanilla and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and set aside to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the egg yolks and whip until yolks become fluffy and pale in color.
- Add the egg yolks into the cooled milk mixture and place over medium high heat stirring constantly.
- Stir 5-8 minutes until the mixture thickens and becomes the consistency of custard. Take off heat and set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in heavy whipping cream. Whip the cream until stiff peaks appear. Add in the egg mixture and whip until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture to a freezer safe container and place in the freezer 10-12 hours for ice cream to set.