Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- – 3 apples diced (I like to use Granny Smith)
- – 3/4 cup sugar
- – 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- – 3 eggs
- – 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- – 2 tsp. baking powder
- – 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Crumb Topping Materials:
- – 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- – 1/4 cup sugar
- – 1/2 cup flour
- – 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a round springform pan with some cooking oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Place the diced apples in a dish and add in 1 tbs. of the dry mixture along with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Mix well to coat the apples in the flour and cinnamon.
- To the dry ingredients add in the buttermilk, eggs, and vegetable oil. Mix well to combine everything.
- Fold in the coated apples. Pour the mixture out into your prepared baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the unsalted butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or the back of a fork work the mixture until it resembles wet sand.
- Pour the topping over the cake batter. Place into preheated oven and bake 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let cool completely and ENJOY!