Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- 1 turkey breast, bone in skin on (2-3 lbs.)
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary diced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme diced
- 1 tbs. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter cut into slices
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup white wine (preferably dry white wine)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the garlic, rosemary, thyme, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- In a casserole dish or roasting pan place the turkey breast side up. Slightly loosen the skin and start to rub the turkey in the mixture that was set aside. Make sure to get under the skin, over, and on the bottom of the turkey.
- Once turkey is smothered in the mixture top with a few slices of unsalted butter.
- Pour the white wine in the bottom of the pan and bake 1 1/2- 2 hours or until a meat thermometer measures 165 degrees F when it is inserted into the thickest part of the breast making sure not to hit bone.
- Let turkey rest for 15 minutes covered with aluminum foil to keep the heat in and then ENJOY!