Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Pie and Filling Materials:
- 2 packages of cinnamon crescent rolls (or any cinnamon rolls you’d like)
- 5-6 apples (Granny Smith and McIntosh) peeled and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. flour (plus more for rolling out the cinnamon rolls)
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cooking spray or unsalted butter to grease the pan
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted flour cubed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a pie plate with some cooking spray or unsalted butter, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface start to roll out each cinnamon roll to about the thickness of an apple pie crust. Starting from the center place the rolls around the pie plate covering the bottom and sides (watch video for visual).
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie plate covered in cinnamon roll dough.
- In a small mixing bowl add in all the crumble ingredients. Taking the back of a fork or a pastry cutter start to break the butter up with the dry ingredients. You want the mixture to resemble wet sand but not be one solid blob.
- Spread that mixture over the top of the apples.
- Taking some aluminum foil cover the edges of the pie so that they do not burn.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes then remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Set aside to cool slightly and ENJOY!