Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter melted (additional 1/2 tbs. for greasing the pan)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
Donut Coating Materials:
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbs. ground cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan add in the apple cider. Over low heat cook the cider down until you have about half of the cider left (1/2 cup -3/4 cup), stirring every few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and coat a donut pan with some unsalted butter, set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine both types of sugar, butter, egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix until mixture is combined.
- Gradually start to pour in the dry ingredients into the wet. The mixture will be quite tough but do not panic.
- Add in cooled apple cider and this will thin your batter out.
- Scoop the batter into the donut baking sheet, approximately 1/3 cup per each donut cavity. Feel free to use your fingers maneuver the batter around the cavity.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the tops and sides are lightly golden brown. When done you should be able to poke your finger into the top of your donut and the donut should bounce back.
- Let the donuts cool before coating them.
- To coat the donuts combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Taking one donut at a time coat the donut top and bottom with your melted unsalted butter. I used a pastry brush but you can always just dip the donut in.
- Immediately after coating the donut with butter dip the donut in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Continue to do this until all your donuts are coated and ENJOY!
4 Comments Add yours
Oh I almost never eat donuts on purpose, but when these are fresh I love one with a good hot cup of coffee!
LikeLiked by 2 people
I’m not a huge donut eater too but when they are home made I can’t resist 🤣🤣🤣
LikeLiked by 1 person
i also didn’t ever heard of acv donuts. Great share.
Thank you =)