Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut into about 1/2 inch slices
- 2 onions chopped
- 16 oz white mushrooms chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup & 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 380° F.
- In a medium sized skillet add in 2 tbs of vegetable oil along with the chopped onions.
- Cook the onions 3-4 minutes over medium high heat stirring constantly.
- Once the onions have become translucent add in the mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes stirring often.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked down remove from heat and set aside.
- Taking one piece of chicken breast at a time cut width wise into about 1/2 slices.
- Using a meat tenderizer pound each chicken breast into about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Taking one cutlet at a time spread a think layer of onion and mushroom mixture over the top. Roll the breast from top to bottom and place on a clean surface rolled side down.
- In a mixing bowl add in the the eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl or plate add in the bread crumbs and flour.
- Taking one rolled up chicken at a time dip the chicken into the egg and then directly into the breadcrumbs.
- In the same skillet you used to cook the onions and mushrooms add in the remaining vegetable oil.
- Once the oil heats up place the chicken breasts into the pan rolled side down first. Cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat or until golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook on the opposite side.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and again placing rolled side down, place the chicken into a casserole dish.
- Cook in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.