Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- – 1 medium sized cabbage chopped
- – 10-12 slices bacon chopped
- – 1/2 cup chopped dill
- – 1 onion chopped
- – Salt and pepper to taste
- – 2-3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Place chopped cabbage in large pot and top with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime place the bacon in a medium sized skillet. Cook on medium heat stirring often until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a clean plate.
- Using the same skillet remove the fat and add in the vegetable oil and chopped onion. Cook until the onions become golden brown.
- into the drained cabbage add in 1 cup of water, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cooked onions, bacon and diced dill. Mix well. Let rest for a minutes, plate and enjoy.