Prep time: 25-30 minutes
Cook time: 50-55 minutes
- 1 cup flour sifted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 5 blocks cream cheese at room temp
- 10 egg yolks whipped with 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped canned peaches drained
- 6 egg whites (leave the remaining 4 egg whites for topping) beaten to stiff peaks with 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp. potato starch
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a rectangular cake pan (about 9″ x 13″ x 2″) with some unsalted butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the butter and sugar with a hand held electric mixer.
- Add in one egg at a time making sure to mix well after each egg.
- Gradually start to add in the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Press the dough into the pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment add in the 10 egg yolks and sugar. Mix for several minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Start to add in the cream cheese half a block at a time and mix well before adding in the next piece. Once all done set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the 6 egg whites and start to whip until fluffy and soft peaks appear.
- Gradually start to add in the 1/3 cup of sugar. Mix well until stiff peaks appear.
- Add in the potato starch (or corn starch if you don’t have potato starch) and mix just long enough to incorporate the starch.
- Once incorporated fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.
- Add in the chopped peaches and mix gently to combine.
- Pour the mixture oven the crust in your prepared pan.
- In the same empty mixing bowl add in the remaining 4 egg whites.
- Start to whip until soft peaks appear and then gradually add in the the 1/2 cup sugar mixing until stiff peaks appear.
- Add in the coconut flakes and melted butter and using a spatula combine everything together gently trying not to deflate the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture over the cheese.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Cool completely before cutting.