Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 8-9 minutes per batch
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup diced fresh dill
- 6 large slices of Italian bread (or you can use 1/2 cup breadcrumbs)
- Vegetable oil (amounts will vary depending on size of pan)
- 3 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot or bowl add in the slices of bread. Top with warm water and set aside for at least 1 hour.
- In a small skillet add in 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add in the onion and cook for several minutes on medium heat until soft and translucent. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add in the ground pork. Take the bread from the water bowl and drain the bread the best you can. Add the bread into the pork.
- Add in one egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- In a clean bowl add in the 2 egg whites. Using a hand held electric mixer whip until you reach stiff peaks.
- Add the egg whites and dill to the pork and mix well.
- Prep 3 separate bowls adding the remaining 2 eggs into one bowl, flour in the next and bread crumbs in the third.
- Season each with some salt and pepper and mix.
- Taking about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture at a time made a oval patty about 1/4 inch thick.
- Coat the patty in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs.
- Set aside and continue this process with the remaining ground pork.
- In a medium sized skillet add in enough oil to cover about 1 cm of the bottom.
- Leaving the heat on medium allow the oil to heat up.
- Place about 3-4 patties in the pan at a time. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Once fully cooked through remove from the pan, plate and ENJOY!
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.