Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. farmer cheese or Philadelphia cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 eggs separated into whites and yolks at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl add in the flour, whole milk, 1 egg and salt. Mix well until the flour has dissolved.
- Add in the vegetable oil. Mix well and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Remove from the fridge for about 15 minutes before frying.
- In a medium sized skillet add a splash of oil. Keeping the heat on medium low let the pan heat up.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup of the crepe mixture into the pan. Swirl it around making sure to cover the pan in all of the mixture.
- Cook until you start to see bubbles on the top of the crepes (about 45-60 seconds).
- Flip and cook for about another 30 seconds. Remove onto a clean plate and continue to do the same with the remaining batter.
Filling/ Casserole Process:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a casserole dish with some unsalted butter.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the egg whites and a small pinch of salt. Using a hand held electric mixer whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the farmers cheese (or cream cheese), powdered sugar, egg yolks, sour cream and vanilla. Using the same electric mixer, mix the cheese until everything is incorporated.
- Add in the orange zest and mix to incorporate.
- Fold in the egg whites trying not to deflate the egg whites.
- Taking one crepe at a time, add in cheese mixture (about 1/3 cup) and spread it out around the crepe.
- Roll the crepe or fold it however your heart desires and start lining them up in a medium sized casserole dish. The way you fold the crepes will not affect the taste so don’t feel compelled to fold them exactly like mine.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the heavy cream, eggs and powdered sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the crepes.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture you poured over the crepes thickens.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and ENJOY!