Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-30minutes
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- Cheese to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ½ tbsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tbsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Vegetable oil (amount will vary according to pan size)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dried parsley (1 tsp for eggs and 1 tsp for bread crumbs)
- In a large mixing bowl add in the flour, whole milk, 1 egg and salt. Mix well until the flour has dissolved.
- Add in the vegetable oil. Mix well and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Remove from the fridge for about 15 minutes before frying.
- In a medium sized skillet add a splash of oil. Keeping the heat on medium low let the pan heat up.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup of the crepe mixture into the pan. Swirl it around making sure to cover the pan in all of the mixture.MAdec
- Cook until you start to see bubbles on the top of the crepes (about 45-60 seconds).
- Flip and cook for about another 30 seconds. Remove onto a clean plate and continue to do the same with the remaining batter.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cubed chicken, salt, pepper, poultry mix, paprika, marjoram and garlic powder.
- In a skillet large add in a few tbsp. of vegetable oil, just enough to slightly coat the bottom. Let the oil heat up.
- Keeping the heat on medium, add in the seasoned chicken.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through, stirring often.
- Remove the cooked chicken onto a clean plate.
- Into the same skillet add in the onion and cook, stirring often for 4-5 minutes, or until fully cooked through (if you need more oil feel free to add it before adding the onion).
- Add in the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until mushrooms are fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in and mix well to incorporate.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the crepes down on a flat surface. Place about ¼ cup of chicken and veggie mixture in the center, smoothing it out slightly.
- Top with desired amount of cheese.
- Fold the two side ends in slightly and working from bottom to top start to fold the crepe up (don’t roll, FOLD). WATCH THE VIDEO FOR VISUAL. Set aside and continue this process with the remaining crepes.
- In a larger bowl add in the eggs and in a separate bowl add in the bread crumbs.
- Season both dishes with salt, pepper and dried parsley. Mix each, making sure to break the eggs up and make them easy to dip your stuffed crepes into.
- Taking one crepe at a time, dip the crepe carefully into the egg.
- Place the egg covered crepe into the bread crumbs and roll it around to coat the entire crepe in the bread crumbs. Continue to do this until all your crepes are covered in egg wash and in bread crumbs.
- In a medium/ large skillet add in a few tbsp. of vegetable oil (just enough to slightly coat the bottom). Keeping the heat on medium/ low let the oil heat up.
- Once the oil is heated up, place crepes onto the hot pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate to let some of the oil drain into the paper towel.
- Plate and ENJOY!
To keep leftovers crispy heat up leftovers in a 375 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes or until fully heated through.