Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 large onions chopped
- 8 oz. white mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 8 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1-2 packages (depending on size) oven ready lasagna noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. herbes de provence
- 1- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella (optional, you could use shredded mozzarella instead)
- Vegetable oil (amounts will vary depending on skillet size)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the chicken, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well to combine.
- In a skillet with high sides add in a few tbsp. of oil. Keeping the heat on medium let the oil heat up. Add in the chicken and cook, stirring often until chicken is fully cooked through (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove the cooked chicken into a clean plate or bowl and set aside.
- Into the same skillet add in a few more tbsp. of oil. Change the heat to medium/ high and add in the chopped onion and cook for a few minutes until the onion is fully cooked through, making sure to stir often.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the mushrooms. Season with salt and cook, stirring often until the mushrooms are fully cooked through.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried thyme, herbes de provence, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees and grease a 3 qt casserole dish with some vegetable oil.
- Start to layer the lasagna with the noodles on the bottom, chicken mixture and shredded cheese.
- Continue to do this until you reach the top.
- Top the lasagna with a top layer of noodles and a bit of the chicken mixture (mainly the sauce) and finish off with the fresh mozzarella (or shredded if you prefer).
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for 40 minutes and uncovered for the last 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the lasagna to set.
- Cut, serve and ENJOY!