This cookie is going to fit in perfectly onto your holiday table. It’s so easy, so delicious, and so impressive. Enjoy!
Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Rest time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. farmers cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour (separated)
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl cream together the cheese, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add in 1 cup of flour and the salt, and mix well.
- Add in remixing flour and knead inside your mixing bowl to combine.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper (I prefer to use aluminum foil).
- Using a clean work surface separate the dough in half. Working with one half at a time, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Using a round cookie cutter cut out round cookies.
- Taking 1 cookie at a time dip one side of the cookie in sugar. Fold the cookie in half, sugar side in. Dip one side of the folded cookie in the sugar again and fold in half, sugar side in. Finally dip one side of the folded cookie in sugar and place sugar side up on the baking sheet (watch video for better visual). Continue to do this with the other cookies.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Cool completely and ENJOY!