Make sure to check out the video below!
Prep time: 25-30 minutes
Cook time: 8-12 minutes
Rest time: Overnight
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter until fluffy using a hand held electric mixer.
- Add in the molasses and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue to mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients. Mix just until everything is combined.
- Divide the mixture in two and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day remove the dough from the fridge, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and line multiple baking sheets with some parchment paper.
- Using a clean work surface sprinkle down some flour and place down one piece of dough at a time. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using whatever cookie cutters you’d like cut out your cookies and place them on your baking sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let cool and ENJOY!If you’d like to frost your cookies using the icing I used just beat together 3 egg whites and 1 cup of powdered sugar and whip until the mixture is glossy and stiff. Frost your cookies and they ENJOY!