- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 2 1/2 cups half & half
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 2-3 cups Cool Whip
- In a medium sized sauce pan add in the half & half, egg yolks, sugar, corn starch and vanilla. Place over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the butter and 1 cup of coconut flakes. Stir until the butter melts completely.
- Pour the mixture into a clean bowl and cover with some plastic wrap making sure the wrap touches the custard. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a skillet over medium heat add in 1/2 cup of coconut flakes. Stirring constantly cook the coconut until it turns a nice golden brown color. Take off the flame and set aside to cool completely.
- Once the custard mixture cools add in 1 cup of Cool Whip and fold into the custard mixture. Pour that out into the graham cracker crust.
- Top with desired amount of Cool Whip and the toasted coconut. Place into the fridge for a few hours and then ENJOY!