Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 9-15 minutes
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs. vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (additional 1/4 cup for glaze)
- 1-2 tbs. whole milk
- 1 whole egg along with tbs of water
- Preheat the oven to the instructions listed on your crescent roll tube and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, and vanilla. Using an electric hand mixer, mix well until everything is nicely combined.
- Start to gradually add in the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Open the crescent rolls and place them as a whole on your baking sheet, do not tear them apart. Instead taking your fingers pinch the seams of the crescent rolls together to create one rectangular piece (watch video for visual).
- Taking a knife or a pizza cutter cut diagonal strips into the dough about 2-3 inches from the edge. Do this to both sides making sure to leave the middle 2 inches or so untouched (again watch the video for a better visual).
- Spread the cream cheese into the middle and start to fold each piece of cut dough into the center alternating from one side to the next.
- In a small bowl combine one egg and water and mix very well. Taking a pasty brush, brush the egg wash over the pastry dough.
- Bake according to package instructions.
- In a separate small mixing bowl combine 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and milk. This will create your icing. If you find that it’s too thick add more milk.
- Spread icing over slightly cooled danish and ENJOY!